MichaelBriggs

The Captain's Daughter
Peter David
The Eye of God: A Sigma Force Novel
James Rollins
A Curious Man: The Strange and Brilliant Life of Robert "Believe It or Not!" Ripley
Neal Thompson
The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance - Trisha Telep, Karen Chance, Lilith Saintcrow, Colleen Gleason, C.T. Adams, Savannah Russe, Caitlín R. Kiernan, Vicki Pettersson, Jenna Black, Shiloh Walker, Rachel Vincent, Rebecca York, Jenna Maclaine, Raven Hart, Delilah Devlin, Nancy Holder, Kimberly Raye, Alexis Morga I read this because it was free and vaguely tempting. A hit-vampire. There really isn't much to the story. Female vampire keeping self distracted from long life by being a contract killer. Gets hired by a young man to kill his step-father, because he believes the step-father killed his mother. Female vampire accepts job and investigates this supposed mother killer.

Even with that story, even with that background, this story went in the direction I do not particularly care to go into. Sure, Dracula by Bram Stoker oozed eroticism, and Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire dripped with ennui and lewdness. Still, that isn't really what I look for in stories, vampire related or not. Good enough writing for what it was despite that.